A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR this past week, as Spring Training came to a close:
- Tim Dierkes updated MLBTR's 2014 Free Agent Power Rankings and Robinson Cano remains atop the list with Adam Wainwright ranked second (the post was published prior to Wainwright agreeing to a five-year contract extension with the Cardinals).
- MLBTR was the first to learn Chad Qualls made the Marlins' Opening Day roster and Tim Byrdak accepted the $100K retention bonus from the Mets to remain in their organization.
- Tim presented three installments of the Why I Chose My Agency series: Jamey Carroll on Jonathan Maurer and Mike Montana of Millenium Sports Management, Jake Odorizzi on Jason Wood of Arland Sports, and Mark DeRosa on Lonnie Cooper and Keith Grunewald of CSE.
- The Offseason in Review series continued with Ben Nicholson-Smith's assessment of the Mariners, Tim's review of the Nationals and Cubs, and Zach Links' recap of the Pirates and Brewers.
- Tim examined which teams, if they struggle early, could become sellers and what trade chips they have to offer.
- Charlie Wilmoth highlighted the hidden gems uncovered in Rule 5 drafts since 1999.
- Tim hosted the MLBTR live chat this week.
- Zach put together the best of the baseball blogosphere in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.