A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR the last seven days:
- Right-hander Shawn Camp, who first announced his retirement in a statement given to MLBTR, joined host Jeff Todd to discuss his decision and reflect upon his 11-year MLB career on the latest episode of MLB Trade Rumors Podcast. A new edition of MLB Trade Rumors Podcast drops every Thursday and can be accessed on iTunes, SoundCloud, and Stitcher.
- Tim Dierkes examined the 40-man roster players who have less than five years service time and are out of minor league options (compiled through MLBTR’s sources) in the AL East (with an assist from Steve Adams), AL West, and NL West.
- Steve and Mark Polishuk continued MLBTR’s Offseason In Review series with a synopsis of the Indians, Tigers, Royals, Yankees, and Rays.
- Charlie Wilmoth pegged Josh Donaldson as an extension candidate, but opines it will be a tricky negotiation given the third baseman’s age and arbitration status.
- Steve asked MLBTR readers who will sign Hector Olivera. Nearly one-quarter of you believe the Braves are the front-runners with the Padres and Dodgers close behind.
- Jeff asked MLBTR readers to predict the financial terms of a Olivera contract. More than 58% of you see the winning bid being in the $40-50MM range.
- Steve hosted the MLBTR live chat this week.
- Zach Links put together the best of the baseball blogosphere in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.