This week in baseball blogs…
- theScore talks with Justin Verlander as he gears up for another postseason.
- Bronx to Bushville pays tribute to David Wright.
- Pinstriped Prospects asks if the Yankees should use an opener in the wild-card game.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2) expects Joe Mauer to retire, and compares last year’s Astros to this season’s.
- Motor City Bengals says goodbye to Victor Martinez.
- True Grich praises Mike Scioscia at what could be the end of his Angels tenure.
- The K Zone profiles the Cecchini brothers, former top prospects whose careers haven’t gone according to plan.
- Hardball via Hardcore presents an offseason plan for the Mariners.
- Mets Daddy believes Jacob deGrom should take home NL MVP honors.
- Foul Territory hands out awards for the worst performances of 2018.
- Minor League Ball (links: 1, 2) focuses on the best first and second base prospects who figure to debut in 2019.
- Armchair All-Americans explains that the Pirates have plenty of reasons for optimism going into next year.
- Everything Bluebirds laments the Blue Jays’ decision to keep Josh Donaldson last winter.
- Friars on Base lists the Padres’ likeliest offseason trade candidates.
- The Pinch Runner names catchers the Brewers could pursue in the offseason.
- Phillies Nation examines the balance the club has between potential and performance.
- Rising Apple offers some historical comps for the seasons of Brandon Nimmo, Jeff McNeill, Seth Lugo and Zack Wheeler.
- Chin Music Baseball writes that Khris Davis is the game’s “most underrated slugger.”
- Rox Pile praises the Rockies for their resiliency.
- Call to the Pen looks at the Phillies’ bullpen going into the offseason.
- Jays From the Couch sees an opportunity for Toronto to change its offensive identity.
- Extra Innings UK (links: 1, 2, 3) breaks down fall instructional camp rosters, looking at players from unusual places.
- Mets Critic isn’t too optimistic about the club’s direction heading into the winter.
- Jays Journal spotlights John McDonald, a potential candidate to become Toronto’s next manager.
- Rotisserie Duck has a tribute to Yogi Berra.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
Two game 163s tomorrow. And I have school, homework, and have to get fillings at 6 PM. Wonderful.
Side note: do fillings hurt?
That’s a bad day. As long as you’re dentist isn’t still living in the 90’s most fillings are a breeze.
He’s pretty young, I want to say mid-30’s, and looks exactly like Ryon Healy. It’s pretty scary.
And the Braves are sitting at home laughing
Yes, fillings hurt. One week minimum of 24 hour pain–and that’s if you’re lucky. If he/she accidentally hits the nerve, which is common, you’re going to be on pain medication for months and lose tons of sleep.
But that’s a cake walk after what the Mariners did you over the last 6 months.
Foul territory tried to give the award for worst umpire: They were “unsure”. Who do you guys think is the worst? I have a Three way tie btw. Joe West, Ángel Hernández and CB Bucknor.
You nailed it. There’s an equal argument for all three.
CB Bucknor is by far the worse imho.
Can we add Laz Diaz to fill out the 4-man crew?