One of baseball's most talented and dependable pitchers is available for the right combination of talent. Here's a collection of Roy Halladay-themed rumors and thoughts from around the league:
- It's doubtful that the Jays would trade Halladay within the AL East and the Yankees wouldn't be likely to part with enough pieces to acquire him, a source told Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News.
- Seems to me that it's in the Jays' best interest to have many bidders involved, especially their AL East rivals, if only to boost the asking price for other clubs.
- Feinsand suggests Yankees fans should give up on acquiring the Jays ace and just hope he's dealt to the NL.
- Mike DiGiovanna of the LA Times says the Angels have known for weeks that the Jays would listen on Halladay.
- One Phillies person told Jim Salisbury of the Philadelphia Inquirer the team's serious about pursuing Halladay.
- One scout told Salisbury Halladay's the best pitcher in baseball, good enough to win 27 games in the NL. Another scout expects Doc to end up with the Red Sox or Angels.
- Scott Lauber of the News Journal believes Ruben Amaro Jr. needs to strike a deal for Halladay.
- When his contract expires after 2010 Halladay will want to play for a winner, whether in Toronto or elsewhere, according to Mike Rutsey of the Toronto Sun.
- MLB.com's Ken Gurnick doesn't expect the Dodgers to acquire Halladay.
- Joel Sherman of the New York Post believes the Jays missed their chance to deal Halladay last year, when money flowed more freely and before teams clung onto their prospects as tightly.
- Yahoo's Gordon Edes agrees, as attendance is down this year, but says teams like the Yankees could always jump in with a bid.
- A friend of Halladay's told Jon Heyman of SI.com that Doc would likely approve trades to Boston, New York or Philadelphia.
- Pete Abraham of the Journal News says J.P. Ricciardi played it "exactly right" yesterday, building hype about Halladay by telling everyone he could be available.
Full Story | Comments (31) | Categories: Boston Red Sox | Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim | Los Angeles Dodgers | New York Yankees | Philadelphia Phillies | Roy Halladay | Toronto Blue Jays
Diamondbacks To Sign Oliver Perez Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Quick Hits: Perez, Pineda, Mariners, Ramirez, A's Minor Moves: Wil Ledezma Diamondbacks To Sign Oliver Perez Ervin Santana Seeks To Sign One-Year Deal Before Opening Day NL Central Notes: Carpenter, Neshek, Phillips, Cubs Diamondbacks, Oliver Perez Nearing Multi-Year Deal Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Padres Claim Alex Castellanos Luke Hochevar To Undergo Tommy John Surgery Royals Release Brad Penny Ervin Santana's Representation Currently Unsettled AL Central Notes: Masterson, De Aza, Santana, Tigers NL West Notes: Jobe, Maybin, Headley, Betancourt 2013-14 Article XX(B) Free Agents Out Of Options Players: NL West
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors