Some links for Saturday as Roy Oswalt prepares to make what might be the final start of his Astros' career...
- Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com tweets that an MRI revealed just a bruise in Corey Hart's thumb. He isn't expected to go on the disabled list, but will be out a few days. Plenty of teams have been connected to the Brewers' outfielder this trade season.
- Jon Paul Morosi of FoxSports.com tweets that it will tough for the Angels to justify more upgrades if they get swept by Texas this weekend. The Halos have already brought in Alberto Callaspo, but have fallen seven games back of the Rangers after losing in each of the last two nights.
- Newsday's Ken Davidoff notes (via Twitter) that the Blue Jays had scouts at last night's Royals-Yankees game, and will again today. Toronto has made most of their bullpen available, and the Yanks are known to be looking for relief help.
- ESPN's Buster Olney hears that there is a "major split" between the Mariners' front office and field staff (Twitter link). This comes the morning after Chone Figgins and manager Don Wakamatsu had to be separated in the dugout.
- The Giants made "genuine progress" on a deal for David DeJesus before the Royals' outfielder suffered a season ending thumb injury on Thursday, reports Andrew Baggarly of The Mercury News.
- Meanwhile, Baggarly speculates that the Giants could be looking at some Diamondbacks' players since they're looking for a lefty bat.
- A's GM Billy Beane said "it would behoove" him to keep Ben Sheets because of his value in the clubhouse, according to MLB.com's Alex Espinoza. With just over $4MM left on his contract, Sheets should easily clear trade waivers in August if Beane has a change of heart.
- Manny Navarro of The Miami Herald adds the Rockies to the list of teams that have expressed interest in Jorge Cantu.
- The Phillies have not put much money into their international scouting program in recent years, writes Bob Brookover of The Philadelphia Inquirer.
Full Story | Comments (0) | Categories: Arizona Diamondbacks | Ben Sheets | Chone Figgins | Colorado Rockies | Corey Hart | David DeJesus | Jorge Cantu | Kansas City Royals | Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim | Miami Marlins | Milwaukee Brewers | New York Yankees | Oakland Athletics | Philadelphia Phillies | San Francisco Giants | Toronto Blue Jays
Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins To Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski Athletics Acquire Jim Johnson For Jemile Weeks Nationals Acquire Doug Fister From Tigers Athletics Sign Scott Kazmir Mariners To Sign Willie Bloomquist Blue Jays To Sign Dioner Navarro Twins To Sign Phil Hughes Rays To Re-Sign Juan Carlos Oviedo Giants Re-Sign Ryan Vogelsong Twins Sign Ricky Nolasco Reds Re-Sign Manny Parra Dodgers Sign Dan Haren Rays Sign Jose Molina
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson MLB, NPB Reach Agreement On Posting System AL East Notes: Yankees, Ellsbury, Red Sox, Peguero NPB Officials Planning To Accept $20MM Maximum Posting Fee NL Notes: Mets, Nats, Reds, Samardzija, Rockies, D-Backs Orioles Interested In Choo, Cruz, Jimenez AL West Notes: Rangers, Arencibia, Kazmir, Hughes, Mariners Dodgers Nearing Agreement With Brian Wilson Central Notes: Tigers, Castellanos, Beltran, Konerko, Twins Cubs Sign Wesley Wright Mariners Could Make Move To Acquire David Price AL Notes: Fister, Blue Jays, Orioles, Rays Red Sox Notes: Bradley, Drew, Napoli, Pierzynski Ellsbury Notes: Yankees, Red Sox, Gardner, Choo Giants Re-Sign Ryan Vogelsong
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors