Let's put on our speculating hats and conjure up a list of starting pitchers who might be currently available. Warning: most of these guys have ERAs around 5.00.
- Kenshin Kawakami, Braves. The Braves don't have much use for Kawakami, unless Derek Lowe is ailing.
- Rodrigo Lopez, Diamondbacks. He leads MLB with 32 home runs allowed, but at least he takes the ball every fifth day.
- Paul Maholm and Zach Duke, Pirates. These lefties are probably not a part of the Pirates' long-term future, but they might find an improved market in the offseason.
- Kevin Millwood, Orioles. He's had some good starts this month, but he's owed over $2.1MM this year.
- Dave Bush, Brewers. Only makes sense if you're looking for someone to chew up innings.
- Kyle Davies and Bruce Chen, Royals. If the Royals intend to non-tender Davies after the season, they could trade him today.
- Jeremy Bonderman, Tigers. He's currently dealing with rib cage inflammation, but could be an OK option for someone in September. The Tigers would have to assume some of his remaining $2.2MM.
- Scott Kazmir, Angels. With almost $16MM left on his contract through next year, Kazmir probably already cleared waivers.
- Aaron Harang, Reds. He'll be activated today to start against the Brewers. The Reds probably need him.
- Rich Harden, Rangers. He's been booted to the bullpen and would have $2.4MM coming to him if traded.
- Carlos Zambrano, Cubs. He's got over $39MM left on his contract through 2012 and surely cleared waivers, but an offseason deal is more likely.
- Scott Olsen and Jason Marquis, Nationals. Olsen gets $75K in incentives for each of his next three starts, after which he will get $105K per. Marquis has over $8.8MM left on his contract, which runs through next year.
- Randy Wolf, Brewers. If traded, Wolf will have at least $22.6MM coming to him through 2012. He's another guy who presumably cleared waivers.
Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
AL Notes: Defensive Value, White Sox, Astros, Fuld NL Notes: Hamels, Morse, Diamondbacks, Walker Kole Calhoun To Miss Four To Six Weeks Minor Moves: Giants Release Dontrelle Willis Padres Notes: Gyorko, Headley, Cashner Rangers Outright Daniel McCutchen Athletics Claim Marcus Walden Off Waivers From Blue Jays Mets Outright Lannan, Promote Matsuzaka AL West Notes: Astros, Franklin, Walker, Reddick Morales Rejected $30MM Extension Last Summer Astros To Promote George Springer Astros To Designate Lucas Harrell For Assignment Minor Moves: Scott Cousins NL Notes: Johnson, Cubs, Bradley Ryan Zimmerman To Miss Four to Six Weeks
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors