- Jon Paul Morosi tweets that he spoke with a source who believes that the Twins are done trading, following their acquisition of Brian Fuentes from the Angels, but notes that it's hard to be 100% certain. Morosi suggested they could be a fit for Troy Glaus earlier today.
- While trading Francisco Rodriguez would be good for the Mets, it won't be easy, writes Joel Sherman of the New York Post. Sherman stops short of labeling K-Rod an "untradeable player," but says he's pretty close.
- ESPN.com's Buster Olney (Insider-only link) praises the Twins' acquisition of Brian Fuentes and suggests the government ought to formally investigate whether the Marlins lied to taxpayers about their finances.
- Alex Speier of WEEI.com details Rafael Soriano's unlikely path to Tampa last winter, noting how crucial the closer has been to the Rays' success.
- In his weekly Baseball Notes piece, Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe discusses Manny Ramirez, Dusty Baker, and the Indians, among other topics.