Here's the top news and stories that made headlines this past week at MLBTR...
- The Nationals signed Adam LaRoche to a two-year contract worth $24MM with a mutual option for 2015. The left-handed hitter posted a .271/.343/.510 batting line in 647 plate appearances as Washington's first baseman.
- The Phillies signed veteran Rodrigo Lopez to a minor league contract with an invitation to Spring Training. Lopez will receive $1MM plus incentives if he's on the big league roster.
- The Orioles avoided arbitration with Nolan Reimold, who will receive $1MM from Baltimore next season.
- The Blue Jays signed catcher Henry Blanco to a non-guaranteed deal for the 2013 season. The 41-year-old Elite Sports Group client would earn $750K at the MLB level.
- Diamondbacks outfielder Justin Upton invoked his limited no-trade clause to reject an agreed-upon deal between the D'Backs and Mariners that would have sent Upton to Seattle.
- Marcus Thames has been hired as the hitting coach for the Yankees' high A-ball affiliate in Tampa, effectively ending the outfielder's ten-year Major League career.
- The Brewers avoided arbitration with left-hander Chris Narveson, who will earn $840K in 2013.
- The Cubs signed infielder Brent Lillibridge and outfielder Darnell McDonald to minor league contracts.
- Chicago also avoided arbitration with infielder Luis Valbuena, who will earn $930K in 2013.
- The Pirates acquired Jeanmar Gomez from the Indians in exchange for Quincy Latimore. Cleveland had designated the right-hander for assignment last week.
- Pittsburgh's deal with Francisco Liriano has been put on hold after it was revealed that the left-hander suffered a non-throwing arm injury in December.
- The Dodgers signed veteran reliever J.P. Howell to a one-year deal. Howell will reportedly earn $2.85MM with an additional $1.2MM worth of incentives built into the contract.
- The Brewers signed reliever Mike Gonzalez to a one-year contract. The veteran left-hander will earn $2.25MM plus incentives that can increase the value of his contract.
- The Yomiuri Giants signed infielder Jose Lopez to a one-year deal worth $1.2MM guaranteed plus $500K in performance bonuses.
Nationals Designate Yunesky Maya For AssignmentMariners Designate Robert Andino For Assignment Orioles Designate Alex Burnett For Assignment Indians Designate David Huff For Assignment Marlins Release Jon Rauch Derek Lowe Clears Waivers Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Mets Sign David Aardsma Cubs Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber Angels Claim Chris Nelson
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Alfonso Soriano More Open To Approving Trade Yankees Claim David Huff, Designate Rondon Mets Notes: Wheeler, Wright, Duda, Davis Camden Riversharks Sign Wilson Valdez White Sox Outright Angel Sanchez Rangers Claim Joe Benson Red Sox Notes: Lackey, Henry, Draft Quick Hits: Yankees, Dodgers NL Notes: Amarista, Nationals, Morse, Krol Nationals Designate Yunesky Maya For Assignment Mariners Designate Robert Andino For Assignment Central Notes: Reds, Cubs, Morneau Minor Moves: Dan Klein, Zach Braddock, Royce Ring Draft Links: Manaea, McGuire, Prep Catchers East Links: Braves, Nolin, Wheeler, Wada
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors