Here's a look back at this week at MLBTR.
- Lance Berkman retired. Michael Young did as well.
- The Cubs agreed to terms with starter Jason Hammel on a one-year deal.
- The Royals re-signed pitcher Bruce Chen.
- The Royals acquired outfielder Carlos Peguero from the Mariners for a PTBNL or cash. They designated pitcher Everett Teaford for assignment to make room on their 40-man roster.
- The Royals designated infielder Emilio Bonifacio for assignment.
- The Rangers claimed pitcher Pedro Figueroa off waivers from the Rays, and designated pitcher Chaz Roe for assignment in the process.
- The Reds avoided arbitration with pitcher Aroldis Chapman.
- The Nationals avoided arbitration with pitcher Doug Fister.
- The Dodgers avoided arbitration with catcher A.J. Ellis.
- The Tigers avoided arbitration with catcher Alex Avila.
- The Angels avoided arbitration with third baseman David Freese and pitcher Kevin Jepsen.
- The Royals avoided arbitration with pitcher Aaron Crow.
- The Cubs avoided arbitration with outfielder Justin Ruggiano.
- The Cardinals avoided arbitration with infielder Daniel Descalso.
- The Mariners signed pitcher Scott Baker to a minor-league contract.
- The Padres agreed to terms with reliever Tony Sipp on a minor-league contract.
- The Cubs agreed to terms with pitcher James McDonald on a minor-league contract.
- The Reds agreed to terms with outfielder Roger Bernadina and infielder Chris Nelson on minor-league contracts. They also signed infielder Ramon Santiago to a minor-league deal.
- The Orioles agreed to terms with shortstop Alex Gonzalez on a minor-league contract.
- The Angels signed outfielder Brennan Boesch, infielders Carlos Pena and Chad Tracy, and catcher Yorvit Torrealba to minor-league contracts.
- The Marlins signed outfielder Reed Johnson to a minor-league contract.
- The Rays have agreed to terms with infielder Wilson Betemit on a minor-league deal.
- The Indians signed infielder Elliot Johnson to a minor-league deal.
- The Twins signed pitcher Matt Guerrier to a minor-league deal.
- The Rangers agreed to terms with pitcher Daniel Bard on a minor-league contract.
- The Rockies signed pitchers Nick Masset and Manny Corpas to minor-league deals. They also agreed to sign infielder Paul Janish to a minor-league deal.
- The Red Sox signed outfielder Corey Brown to a minor-league deal. (Brown had become a free agent earlier in the week.) They also agreed to terms on a minor-league deal for pitcher Rich Hill.
Cardinals Sign Aledmys Diaz Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Diamondbacks Sign Oliver Perez Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
AL Notes: Kipnis, Sizemore, Mulder Ervin Santana Rumors: Tuesday NL Notes: Taveras, Stutes, Flores, Cervelli Minor Moves: Rodriguez, Stutes, Hester, Carson, Olmsted Offseason In Review: Chicago White Sox Out Of Options Players: NL East MLBTR Chat Transcript Orioles Notes: Machado, Extensions, Santana, Schoop Kris Medlen Believed To Have Ligament Damage Angels Release Mark Mulder Central Links: Diaz, Scherzer, Capuano, Indians, Coke Quick Hits: Schierholtz, Diaz, Smoak, McGrady AL East Notes: Sizemore, Machado, Cervelli Braves Could Make Run At Ervin Santana Diamondbacks Outright Santos Rodriguez
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors