- Blue Jays Claim Justin Smoak
- Oscar Taveras Dies In Car Accident
- Phillies Extend Grady Sizemore For 2015
- Braves Name John Hart President Of Baseball Operations
- Phillies Extend Jerome Williams For 2015
- Brian Roberts To Retire
- Rangers Hire Jeff Banister As Manager
- Dodgers Hire Andrew Friedman As President Of Baseball Operations
- Diamondbacks Hire Chip Hale As Manager
- Orioles Extend J.J. Hardy
- Jeff Bridich Named Rockies GM; O'Dowd, Geivett Step Down
- Josh Beckett To Retire
- Yasmany Tomas Declared Free Agent
- Astros Hire A.J. Hinch As Manager
- Twins Remove Ron Gardenhire From Manager Role
- Reds Extend GM Walt Jocketty
- Diamondbacks Fire Kirk Gibson, Alan Trammell
- Diamondbacks Hire Dave Stewart As GM
- Mets To Extend Sandy Alderson, Retain Terry Collins
- Yankees Claim Eury Perez
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Offseason Outlook: Oakland Athletics
- East Links: Santana, Sox, Cespedes, Phils, Mets
- Free Agent Profile: Pat Neshek
- Cubs To Hire Joe Maddon As Manager
- Outrighted: Kalish, Valaika, Vitters, Meek
- Reds To Exercise Club Option On Cueto, Buy Out Hannahan And Ludwick
- AL West Notes: Iwakuma, Young, Astros, Peacock
- Free Agent Profile: Jason Hammel
- Minor Moves: Reds, Mortensen, Green
- Latest On The Twins’ Managerial Search
- Free Agent Profile: Jake Peavy
- Nationals Outright Ross Ohlendorf, Who Elects Free Agency
- Offseason Outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLBTR Chat Transcript
- Blue Jays Claim Justin Smoak
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Mike Minor Rumors
The Braves and Brewers continue to discuss trades that would send an outfielder to Atlanta for a young pitcher, reports MLB.com's Mark Bowman. However, the Brewers are more inclined to move Carlos Gomez than Lorenzo Cain. The Brewers requested Mike Minor for Cain, and the Braves balked at trading him or their other top young arms.
Some links for Thursday, a day that has even the most intense baseball fans wondering about LeBron James' decision…
- MLB.com's Jenifer Langosch reviews all of the players Pirates' GM Neal Huntington has acquired after they were designated for assignment by another team. The best of the lot: Delwyn Young.
- Tony LaRussa is happy with the Cardinals' recent bullpen additions, according to MLB.com's Matthew Leach. St. Louis added Mike MacDougal today and Renyel Pinto about two weeks ago.
- Padres GM Jed Hoyer confirmed to Jim Bowden of Sirius XM Radio that the Padres have payroll flexibility and would like to add a well-rounded hitter and a starting pitcher (all Twitter links).
- Peter Gammons notes a Corey Hart-Mike Minor rumor (via Twitter). The Braves are interested in Hart and other right-handed hitting outfielders, but Hart tells MLB.com's Adam McCalvy that he wants to stay in Milwaukee.
- The Mets, Phillies, Rays and Dodgers are among the teams watching Roy Oswalt today, according to MLB.com's Brian McTaggart (Twitter link).
- Matt Cerrone of MetsBlog hears that the Mets, Phillies and Rangers are among the many teams eyeing Ben Sheets.
- Yahoo's Steve Henson dials the clock back to 1999 and takes a look at the little league team that included Stephen Strasburg and Mike Leake.
- Cubs draftee Matt Szczur has a deal that will give him an additional $500K if he gives up football, according to Jim Callis of Baseball America.
- Jamey Newberg says the Rangers should seriously consider trading Chris Davis or Justin Smoak if there's a real chance to improve the club.
- Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the D'Backs will listen to offers for Dan Haren, but will likely have to be blown away to deal him (Twitter link).
- Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun asks Orioles fans: should the O's have any untouchable players in trade talks this year?
- Billy Wagner repeated something he said earlier in the year, telling Ray Parrillo of the Philadelphia Inquirer that he intends to retire after 2010.
- Phil Sheridan of the Philadelphia Inquirer says the Phillies – like every other team in baseball – would be better with Cliff Lee.
- David Ortiz tells John Tomase of the Boston Herald that he hopes to talk to the Red Sox about staying in Boston after this season. The Red Sox hold a $12.5MM option for Big Papi in 2011.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Arizona Diamondbacks | Atlanta Braves | Ben Sheets | Billy Wagner | Boston Red Sox | Chicago Cubs | Corey Hart | Dan Haren | David Ortiz | Houston Astros | Los Angeles Dodgers | Mike Minor | Milwaukee Brewers | New York Mets | Philadelphia Phillies | Pittsburgh Pirates | Roy Oswalt | San Diego Padres | St. Louis Cardinals | Tampa Bay Rays | Texas Rangers
8:36pm: Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com tweets that Mike Minor signed the contract and "is now officially a Brave."
1:25pm: Baseball America's Jim Callis hears that the Braves had agreed to a deal with Minor before the draft, but didn't sign him right away because of "interference from MLB." Apparently the commissioner's office pressured the Braves not to make the deal official because they didn't want it to inflate other bonuses. The $2.42MM bonus Minor will receive tops MLB's recommended bonus by $242k.
12:49pm: MLB.com's Jonathan Mayo hears that the deal is not yet official.
9:02am: The Braves and top draft pick Mike Minor agreed to a contract that includes a $2.42MM signing bonus, according to Maurice Patton of the Tennessean. The Braves have never given out a bigger bonus and it's the biggest bonus ever awarded to a seventh overall pick, besting Prince Fielder's $2.4MM mark from 2002. Minor, a lefty, could pitch in the Arizona Fall League to get work in this year.