- Chris Davis Suspended 25 Games
- Reds, Brewers Complete Broxton Trade
- Ron Washington Resigns As Rangers Manager
- Angels Exercise 2015 Option On Jerry Dipoto
- Diamondbacks Fire Kevin Towers
- Rockies To Extend Jorge De La Rosa
- Dodgers Promote Joc Pederson
- Astros Fire Bo Porter
- Adam Dunn To Retire After Season
- Brewers Acquire Jonathan Broxton
- Athletics Acquire Adam Dunn
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Quick Hits: Pearce, Choo, Gibbons
- NL Notes: Giants, Mets, Burnett
- Chris Dickerson Elects Free Agency
- Latest On Diamondacks’ GM Search
- NL East Notes: Braves, Mets
- MLBTR Chat Transcript
- Blue Jays Will Make Qualifying Offer To Melky Cabrera
- D’Backs Links: Levine, Ross, Prospects, McKay
- Rockies Notes: Payroll, Anderson, Cuddyer, Rotation
- NL Central Notes: Cubs, Castillo, Martin, Bourjos
- Free Agent Stock Watch: Melky Cabrera
- Poll: Will Pablo Sandoval Be Back With The Giants?
- Quick Hits: Stewart, Hill, Braves, Rangers
- Cuban Hurler Jorge Despaigne Declared Free Agent
- D’Backs Select Bobby Wilson’s Contract
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Rob Johnson Rumors
A few more evening links….
- Geoff Baker of The Seattle Times says that Kenji Johjima's opt-out is "an early Christmas present" for the Mariners.
- Meanwhile, Rob Johnson has one surgery down and one to go, according to MLB.com's Jim Street. Johnson will battle for time behind the plate in Seattle next season, with Johjima's departure resulting in one less competitor.
- Speaking of offseason surgeries, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports is reporting that Albert Pujols will have elbow surgery tomorrow. Breathe easy though, Cardinals fans: according to Rosenthal, Pujols expects to be fully healthy for spring training.
- Anthony Castrovince of MLB.com breaks down four of the confirmed finalists for the Cleveland Indians' managerial opening.
- Of the candidates for the Indians' job, Manny Acta would be the best choice for appealing to the team's Latino players, writes Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Pluto anticipates Latinos to make up about a third of the team's 25-man roster in 2010.
- The San Francisco Chronicle's Henry Schulman looks at the Super Two rule, and explains why Tim Lincecum's extra week of major-league service could mean a big payday for the Cy Young winner.
7:12pm: MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro says Mariners catcher Rob Johnson and Rangers catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia were discussed in these Hermida talks, but no match was found.
6:31pm: Baker says the Marlins wanted catching prospect Adam Moore from the Ms in a Hermida deal. Baseball America ranks Moore as the Mariners’ sixth best prospect. They say he looks like a future big league starting catcher; he’ll start ’09 at Triple A.
5:31pm: Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald says the Ms and Rangers initiated the Hermida talks, and they didn’t get far.
4:44pm: Geoff Baker says the Marlins offered Hermida to the Mariners and Rangers for catching.
12:26pm: Berardino has an update. He says the Marlins proposed trading Hermida to the Rays for two pitchers, likely among Jeff Niemann, Wade Davis, Jeremy Hellickson, and Mitch Talbot. The Rays rejected the offer and it’s unlikely to be revisited.
Berardino now says the Reds have yet to inquire on Hermida.
12:04pm: Mike Berardino of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel discusses Jeremy Hermida trade possibilities in a blog post today (hat tip, Rays Index). He says the Reds have definitely shown interest, and also discusses the Rays. Berardino’s sources believe Micah Owings could be had, but not Johnny Cueto. In the case of the Rays it’d apparently take Andy Sonnanstine rather than Edwin Jackson.
By the way, the Marlins have talked about the possibility of moving Hermida to left field if they keep him. Hermida has been a slightly above-average right fielder according to the plus/minus system.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Adam Moore | Andy Sonnanstine | Cincinnati Reds | Edwin Jackson | Jarrod Saltalamacchia | Jeff Niemann | Jeremy Hellickson | Jeremy Hermida | Johnny Cueto | Miami Marlins | Micah Owings | Mitch Talbot | Nelson Cruz | Rob Johnson | Seattle Mariners | Tampa Bay Rays | Texas Rangers | Wade Davis
FROM 12-3-07 at 12:31pm:
MLB.com’s Jim Street checks in with the latest Mariners buzz.
- As I wrote in the Johan Santana post, the Mariners are officially out of the running.
- Street says the Ms offered Hiroki Kuroda three years and $30MM or so, which doesn’t jive with Larry LaRue’s report of 4/44. Street says Kuroda will not decide until after the Meetings.
- The Rays’ Edwin Jackson is available, and the Rays are seeking a veteran first baseman or a young catcher. The Mariners have both, and Ben Broussard seems like a starting point.