Trade Rumors Apps
- Nationals To Sign Casey Janssen
- Reds To Extend Devin Mesoraco
- Marlins To Sign Ichiro Suzuki
- Giants Re-Sign Ryan Vogelsong
- Braves Sign Jonny Gomes
- Astros Sign Colby Rasmus
- Rangers Acquire Yovani Gallardo
- Cubs Acquire Dexter Fowler For Valbuena, Straily
- Nationals Sign Max Scherzer
- Cardinals Sign Lance Lynn To Three-Year Deal
- Astros Acquire Evan Gattis
- Nationals, A's Swap Tyler Clippard, Yunel Escobar
- Royals Extend Ned Yost
- D-Backs Sign Yoan Lopez
- Pirates Sign Jung-ho Kang
- Athletics Acquire Ben Zobrist
- Non-Tender Tracker
- Non-Tender Candidates
- 2014-15 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- 2015 Arbitration Tracker
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- NL East Notes: Gillick, Ichiro, Janssen
- Latest On Blue Jays’ Search For Relief Pitching
- International Notes: Tejada, Ibanez, Kang
- Giants Release Marco Scutaro
- Marlins Designate Arquimedes Caminero
- Players Avoiding Arbitration: Wednesday
- Minor Moves: Jeremy Horst
- Angels Avoid Arbitration With David Freese
- Braves Designate Jose Constanza For Assignment
- David Montgomery Named Phillies’ Chairman; Gillick Remains President
- White Sox Sign Gordon Beckham, Designate Dayan Viciedo For Assignment
- Mariners To Sign John Baker To Minor League Deal
- Nationals To Sign Casey Janssen
- Joe Blanton Planning Comeback, Will Audition For Teams Next Week
- Marlins Sign Ichiro Suzuki
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Rob Johnson Rumors
A few more evening links….
- Geoff Baker of The Seattle Times says that Kenji Johjima's opt-out is "an early Christmas present" for the Mariners.
- Meanwhile, Rob Johnson has one surgery down and one to go, according to MLB.com's Jim Street. Johnson will battle for time behind the plate in Seattle next season, with Johjima's departure resulting in one less competitor.
- Speaking of offseason surgeries, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports is reporting that Albert Pujols will have elbow surgery tomorrow. Breathe easy though, Cardinals fans: according to Rosenthal, Pujols expects to be fully healthy for spring training.
- Anthony Castrovince of MLB.com breaks down four of the confirmed finalists for the Cleveland Indians' managerial opening.
- Of the candidates for the Indians' job, Manny Acta would be the best choice for appealing to the team's Latino players, writes Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Pluto anticipates Latinos to make up about a third of the team's 25-man roster in 2010.
- The San Francisco Chronicle's Henry Schulman looks at the Super Two rule, and explains why Tim Lincecum's extra week of major-league service could mean a big payday for the Cy Young winner.
7:12pm: MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro says Mariners catcher Rob Johnson and Rangers catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia were discussed in these Hermida talks, but no match was found.
6:31pm: Baker says the Marlins wanted catching prospect Adam Moore from the Ms in a Hermida deal. Baseball America ranks Moore as the Mariners’ sixth best prospect. They say he looks like a future big league starting catcher; he’ll start ’09 at Triple A.
5:31pm: Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald says the Ms and Rangers initiated the Hermida talks, and they didn’t get far.
4:44pm: Geoff Baker says the Marlins offered Hermida to the Mariners and Rangers for catching.
12:26pm: Berardino has an update. He says the Marlins proposed trading Hermida to the Rays for two pitchers, likely among Jeff Niemann, Wade Davis, Jeremy Hellickson, and Mitch Talbot. The Rays rejected the offer and it’s unlikely to be revisited.
Berardino now says the Reds have yet to inquire on Hermida.
12:04pm: Mike Berardino of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel discusses Jeremy Hermida trade possibilities in a blog post today (hat tip, Rays Index). He says the Reds have definitely shown interest, and also discusses the Rays. Berardino’s sources believe Micah Owings could be had, but not Johnny Cueto. In the case of the Rays it’d apparently take Andy Sonnanstine rather than Edwin Jackson.
By the way, the Marlins have talked about the possibility of moving Hermida to left field if they keep him. Hermida has been a slightly above-average right fielder according to the plus/minus system.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Adam Moore | Andy Sonnanstine | Cincinnati Reds | Edwin Jackson | Jarrod Saltalamacchia | Jeff Niemann | Jeremy Hellickson | Jeremy Hermida | Johnny Cueto | Miami Marlins | Micah Owings | Mitch Talbot | Nelson Cruz | Rob Johnson | Seattle Mariners | Tampa Bay Rays | Texas Rangers | Wade Davis
FROM 12-3-07 at 12:31pm:
MLB.com’s Jim Street checks in with the latest Mariners buzz.
- As I wrote in the Johan Santana post, the Mariners are officially out of the running.
- Street says the Ms offered Hiroki Kuroda three years and $30MM or so, which doesn’t jive with Larry LaRue’s report of 4/44. Street says Kuroda will not decide until after the Meetings.
- The Rays’ Edwin Jackson is available, and the Rays are seeking a veteran first baseman or a young catcher. The Mariners have both, and Ben Broussard seems like a starting point.