- A.J. Burnett May Miss Rest Of Season
- Red Sox President Larry Lucchino To Be Replaced
- C.J. Wilson Likely Out For Season
- Dodgers, Braves, Marlins Complete 13-Player Trade
- Blue Jays Designate Danny Valencia, Ezequiel Carerra
- Orioles Designate Chris Parmelee
- Mets Acquire Yoenis Cespedes
- Pirates Acquire J.A. Happ
- Rangers Acquire Sam Dyson From Marlins For Tomas Telis
- Cubs Acquire Tommy Hunter For Junior Lake
Trade Rumors Apps
Weekly email list
- NL East Notes: Mets, Wheeler, Bour, Capps, Braves
- Cubs Option Yoervis Medina
- How August Trades Work
- Rockies To Promote Jon Gray
- Quick Hits: Kasten, Mariners, Prospects
- Rangers Notes: Harrison, Daniels, Hamels, Gallardo
- East Links: Valencia, Lucchino, Utley, Espinosa
- AL Central Notes: Dombrowski, Tribe, Samardzija
- NL West Notes: Kennedy, Preller, Leake, Tulo
- Minor Moves: Cards, Carpenter, Murphy, Clemens
- NL Central Notes: Cards, Melvin, Pirates, Kang
- Rays To Demote Matt Moore
- Red Sox To Promote Henry Owens
- Dan Haren “Probably” Retiring After 2015 Season
- Cafardo’s Latest: Gray, Iwakuma, Red Sox, Padres
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Will Startup Rumors
A few links for Monday night…
- Morosi reports (via Twitter) that the Orioles have signed lefty reliever Will Startup to a minor league contract. The 25-year-old missed all of 2008 and most of 2009 with injuries, though prior to that he had a 2.56 ERA and held lefties to a .206 batting average in 175.2 career minor league innings. He spend last season in the Padres' system.
- Marc Topkin of The St. Petersburg Times passes along some quotes Rays' vice president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman made during his appearance on 620-AM this evening. He basically said the team is keeping an eye on the market, though it's difficult to say if they'll be able to act on anything given their current financial situation.
- After losing out on Erik Bedard, the Orioles are still looking to add an arm according to Jon Paul Morosi of FoxSports.com (via Twitter).
- MLB.com's Mark Sheldon lists the Reds' players who are out of options. Wladimir Balentien appears to be the biggest question mark.
- Dave O'Brien of The Atlanta Journal Constitution tweets that the Braves are not interested in Jermaine Dye, but they could still make another addition if Johnny Damon's (or another free agent's) price falls.
- Unsurprisingly, Twins' CEO Jim Pohlad declined to talk about contract negotiations with Joe Mauer, though he did say that they try to stay away from deferred compensation.
- In a mailbag, MLB.com's Matthew Leach says the Cardinals are likely done spending until Spring Training.
Should be nice to have Ring around in case things don’t work out with Ron Mahay. Still, it would’ve been nice to see John Schuerholz come up with some kind of starter for the back end of the rotation. Maybe in August.
Startup’s been solid in Triple A, and the Padres might be able to coax some goodness out of the twice-traded Ledezma.
With so many decent lefties floating around at minimal cost, you have to wonder why a team would ever sign Mike Stanton. But that’s why they’re GMs and I’m just a guy who blogs until he gets carpal tunnel.