6:22pm: According to SI.com’s Jon Heyman, Minaya has reached out to K-Rod and Fuentes. He says the Mets prefer free agency to trading.
We also have a rumor from Joel Sherman of the New York Post. He says the Mets offered Aaron Heilman to the Rockies for Street shortly after Colorado acquired him. The Rox wanted the Mets to add Pedro Feliciano, and the Mets refused. MetsBlog has more insight into the team’s plans.
1:33pm: Rounding up today’s Mets rumors…
- On Friday, David Lennon of Newsday said the Mets had received Francisco Rodriguez’s medical records. He also had Omar Minaya saying the club’s doctors were looking it over. However, Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post writes today that the Mets did not receive the records until yesterday afternoon. According to Hubbuch, the Mets told Paul Kinzer they’ll get back to him after Thanksgiving regarding K-Rod.
- Hubbuch names five other Mets targets: Brian Fuentes, Kerry Wood, Trevor Hoffman, J.J. Putz, and Huston Street.
- Adam Rubin of the New York Daily News talked to Minaya, who said the Mets have not made offers to any free agents yet.
- In case you missed it, Ken Rosenthal had several Mets nuggets in today’s column. He said the Mets balked at Chicago’s asking price for Jermaine Dye, and aren’t enamored with Javier Vazquez. Rosenthal believes the Rays’ Andy Sonnanstine "represents a more desirable target" for the Mets.
- SI.com’s Jon Heyman rattles off a list of the Mets’ free agent targets, which does not include Manny Ramirez.