Here’s a look back at the original analysis MLBTR offered over the past seven days:
- This is traditionally the time of year for teams to promote top young players, so Jeff Todd looked at 20 notable prospects who could join their major league clubs and impact this summer’s trade deadline.
- Jeff also presented the second edition of his top 10 trade candidates list in advance of the upcoming deadline. James Shields, who was part of the first version, was dealt last weekend and subsequently removed from the rankings.
- Steve Adams put forth arguments on why the Braves should and shouldn’t trade right-hander Julio Teheran. The entire MLBTR writing staff then weighed in on the matter in a roundtable format, and Steve asked our readers to lend their opinions in a poll and via the comments section.
- Mark Polishuk offered an in-depth examination of which teams could pursue Brewers star catcher Jonathan Lucroy in a trade. Given his performance, contract and ability to also play first base, plenty of clubs should have interest in Lucroy if Milwaukee shops him in earnest.
- With the season over two months old, I analyzed seven contract-year players who are surprisingly making cases to receive qualifying offers during the upcoming offseason.