Here’s a recap of the original analysis MLBTR offered this week:
- If Athletics southpaw Rich Hill gets past his blister issues, he should end up as one of the most sought-after players available around the Aug. 1 non-waiver trade deadline. Thus, Mark Polishuk analyzed several contenders that could acquire the 36-year-old and tried to find the best match.
- Jeff Todd ran down this summer’s trade market for shortstops and first baseman, and Steve Adams did the same for second basemen.
- Jason Martinez listed nine highly regarded prospects whom their current teams could move for immediate help at the deadline. Pirates center fielder Austin Meadows leads the way.
- This week’s installment of Jason’s “Knocking Down The Door” series features five more prospects trying to earn major league promotions. Notables include Phillies shortstop J.P. Crawford and Rockies outfielder David Dahl.
- With the first half of the season in the rearview mirror, I examined 15 players who settled for short-term deals over the winter and have since outperformed those contracts this year.