MLBTR’s original features from this week:
- With Dodgers southpaw Rich Hill in the midst of an incredible run that began a year ago, Tim Dierkes explained why he believes the 36-year-old free agent-to-be will secure a contract worth upward of $45MM after the season. Tim also polled readers on how much money they expect Hill to receive.
- In the final edition of this season’s “Knocking Down the Door” series, Jason Martinez presented an All-Snub team consisting of prospects who, despite strong performances, haven’t received major league promotions in 2016.
- The Angels and Brewers are well out of playoff contention, leading Jeff Todd to highlight the three biggest needs the teams will have to address during the upcoming offseason (links: LAA, MIL).
- In this week’s mailbag, Steve Adams answered offseason-themed questions centering on Padres left-hander Clayton Richard, Pirates right-hander Ivan Nova, the Mets, and the Giants.
- With the Braves facing a potential outfield logjam in 2017, Steve surveyed readers on whether the team should trade anyone from the group during the offseason.
- Jason listed four major leaguers and a minor leaguer who have been the Twins’ biggest brights spots during a last-place season.