Here is the week’s original content from MLB Trade Rumors…
- Tim Dierkes published the second installment of the MLBTR 2017-18 Free Agent Power Rankings, rating next winter’s top free agents by their earning potential. The power rankings have already seen some movement from the first entry in March, thanks to some strong (and slow) starts from players in their contract years.
- Music, kerfuffles, and eye-popping internet usage bills are some of the topics discussed by right-hander Tim Dillard in his latest Inner Monologue.
- Though a contract extension between Carlos Correa and the Astros may look like something of an unlikely possibility in the near future, Charlie Wilmoth looks at what a potential Correa extension could look like if the two sides did explore a multi-year arrangement.
- MLBTR’s Offseason In Review series continued with Steve Adams breaking down the Indians’ winter moves.
- Almost 54% of MLBTR readers felt that Matt Bush should be the Rangers’ new closer, as Steve Adams broke down the options (Bush, Jeremy Jeffress, Tony Barnette and the ever-popular “other”) in a reader poll. It looks like the Rangers agreed, naming Bush as their first option for the ninth inning, though the club will also use other pitchers in the closer role in order to keep from over-taxing Bush’s shoulder.