Here’s the roundup of the original content from the past week on MLB Trade Rumors…
- With several big names still on the open market, Steve Adams ranked the top nine remaining free agents and speculated on which teams could be fits for these notable players.
- Three of the top five names on that list (Jake Arrieta, Lance Lynn, Alex Cobb) are starting pitchers, and thus teams with rotation needs have a particularly strong set of options to choose from if they decide to splurge on pitching. Jeff Todd asked the MLBTR readers which team has the most urgent need for one of those top arms, with 23.51% of respondents citing the Brewers.
- In another MLBTR poll, Kyle Downing asked the readership to predict where Carlos Gonzalez will play this year. Given the veteran slugger’s rough 2017 numbers and lack of firm interest within his free agent market, it perhaps isn’t surprising that the most votes (19.5%) actually went towards “nobody,” as in readers felt CarGo wouldn’t land a contract before Opening Day.
- Jason Martinez has the full list of MLB veterans who are currently in Spring Training camps as non-roster invitees. This listing will be updated throughout March as players come and go from teams’ rosters.
- Live from a hotel hallway, Tim Dillard is back with his latest Inner Monologue post, detailing some of the trials and tribulations of a veteran player at minor league Spring Training camp. After reading, you might also start using “W.W.N.R.D.” as a mic drop-style conversation-ender.
- March usually isn’t a big month for free agent signings, though that will certainly change this year. As Steve Adams notes, it seems a near-lock that we’ll see a record amount of money spent on March signings given all of the name talent available to be signed.
KENNETH A LICHTIG
LOWER YOUR SALARY DEMANDS & LENGTH OF CONTRACTS—DUH SIMPLE NO BRAINER
You’re familiar what his unreasonable demands are?
No brainer? No wonder you came up with it.