Let’s kick the day off with an Odds and Ends post. Daylight savings time means one more hour of rumorage.
- Bruce Miles loves the idea of Kosuke Fukudome manning right field for the Cubs. He notes that Fukudome would please both the stathead and old-school factions of the team’s management.
- Peter Abraham says Yankees fans should not blame Scott Boras for Alex Rodriguez‘s departure and demands. The player still calls the shots. By the way, Tyler Kepner feels bad about the way things ended with the Yankees and could try to make good by giving a $30MM discount. Kepner’s article also indicates that Andy Pettitte‘s Wednesday deadline for his player option could easily be extended.
- Haven’t heard this one much for the Yanks’ third base vacancy: Edwin Encarnacion. Kat O’Brien suggests it. How about for Ian Kennedy?
- Yorvit Torrealba‘s agent has talked to the Blue Jays and Marlins. The Jays don’t seem to make sense.
- I had a random idea – could Michael Barrett be signed on the cheap and then moved back to third base by the Yankees, Twins, or Phillies?