I'm not a huge fan of policing the comments, but I know it comes with the territory. I try to browse as many comments as I can. When I see something that violates any of the below items, I typically delete every comment the person ever made and ban them from commenting. This is so I don't have to waste additional time bothering with the same person. Our moderators operate in a similar fashion.
Comments of this nature are not allowed:
- Attacks/insults towards other commenters, the post author, journalists, teams, or players
- Inappropriate language
- Juvenile comments or extensive use of text message-type spelling
- Spam-type links or self-promotion (try Baseball Blogs Weigh In if you have a website)
- Comments about how you're sick of this topic or it's not newsworthy
- Writing comments in all or mostly caps
- Anything else I deem bad for business
That pretty much covers it. Don't do that stuff, and you're good. Just be respectful to everyone and act like an adult. If you see comments that fit the above criteria, please contact us.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Commenting Policy: