Couple of injuries, couple of designations, and a waiver claim.
- Twins reliever Pat Neshek has an acute partial tear of the UCL. Yes, that's the Tommy John ligament. He won't throw for at least three months, so his season is essentially over. There's no word on whether he'll undergo surgery. I remember hearing over the winter that Neshek was having elbow problems.
- Not that we didn't pretty much know this already, but Yovani Gallardo has confirmed that he'll have surgery on his torn ACL. My fantasy team weeps.
- With Ramon Castro coming off the DL, the Mets have DFA Raul Casanova. The best bet is that he'll clear waivers and head to AAA.
- The Padres have claimed LHP Sean Henn off waivers. He was DFA by the Yankees last week. He was once a highly touted prospect, reportedly hitting 100 on the gun (though I think those reports were exaggerated).
- With the return of Cliff Floyd from the DL, the Rays have no room for OF Nathan Haynes, and have designated him for assignment.
Posted by Joe Pawlikowski.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Odds And Ends: Neshek, Gallardo, Casanova, Henn, Haynes: