A look at the latest column from FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal:
- Rosenthal wonders if Jason Varitek's viral sickness and divorce last year contributed to his poor performance at the plate.
- Ken Griffey Jr.'s wife gave him her blessing to play anywhere he'd like. If he's focused on getting a ring, Seattle might not make sense. Griffey's doctor believes his knee will be in better shape in 2009.
- Padres GM Kevin Towers wonders if Jake Peavy would've accepted a trade to the Braves, given Atlanta's club policy against no-trade clauses. Towers isn't talking to the Braves, Dodgers, or Yankees about Peavy, and Rosenthal says he's "not making much headway" with the Cubs. ESPN's Peter Gammons says the Cubs' loss of Jose Ceda lessens their chances, while Frank Wren still believes Peavy will end up a Brave.
- The Cubs hope to resolve the Ryan Dempster situation this week. The team wants to do a four-year deal.
- The Giants are still in on Juan Cruz after their Jeremy Affeldt signing.
- The Phillies gave Pat Burrell "parameters" for a new deal, while Rosenthal speculates on the Giants and Dodgers as other possible fits.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Rosenthal's Latest: Griffey, Peavy, Dempster: