Links for Saturday morning…
- Pedro Martinez isn’t worried that he hasn’t signed yet.
- Jason Varitek says he’s still "exchanging offers" with the Red Sox. Scott Boras and Theo Epstein didn’t comment on the talks, which continue slowly.
- Buster Olney takes a look at the market for Ben Sheets. He says whoever signs Sheets will get a bargain. Some GMs would be impressed if he gets $20MM over two years.
- Nate McLouth isn’t optimistic about his chances of signing a multi-year deal with the Pirates.
- Peter Schmuck thinks the O’s should find a way to sign Brian Roberts to a long term contract.
- The Blue Jays fired assistant GM Bart Given.
- Gordon Wittenmyer breaks down the Cubs’ chances of acquiring Jake Peavy now that the team’s about to change hands.
- Richard Justice writes Randy Wolf should have accepted the Astros’ offer.