Brad Penny pitched well enough to win his 100th career game last night. Today, he’s the subject of many trade rumors. Here they are:
- David Murphy of the Philadelphia Daily News reports that the Phillies had a scout in Boston watching Penny’s start last night.
- The Rangers appear interested as well, Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports.
- Cafardo heard from one NL scout who believes Penny is “the best name out there” for teams in search of starters.
- The Red Sox have fielded offers on Penny but they value their depth and may not make a move.
- Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald says Penny was throwing as hard as 98 mph.
- Penny would prefer to pitch every fifth day, but he’s open to pitching in a six-man rotation, according to Don Amore of the Hartford Courant.