Jon Heyman of SI.com lists some of the best and worst starts to the season. Justin Upton and Marco Scutaro are two of the players to make the first list. Heyman's also got some rumors to pass along; here they are:
- It is believed that Stephen Strasburg's people don't want him to pitch in the majors this year.
- Strasburg's agent, Scott Boras, is believed to have mentioned Jose Contreras, who signed for $32MM, and Daisuke Matsuzaka, who signed for $52MM, as comparable players.
- It doesn't sound like former Astros GM Gerry Hunsicker will end up as the Nationals' next GM, though the Nats are said to be considering names other than Mike Rizzo's for the permanent job.
- Heyman says a Doug Davis return to Milwaukee could make sense.
- The Rays would like to add a closer without adding payroll, which will be a challenge.
- Rays GM Andrew Friedman hasn't ruled out Pedro Martinez, but says he's a long shot.
- Heyman hears that the Cardinals and Mets are two of the teams calling the Indians about Mark DeRosa.