Some Friday evening linkage…
- Nick Piecoro says that if Brandon Webb's latest setback requires surgery, it would give the club pause about picking up his $8.5MM option for 2010.
- Paul DePodesta runs through all of the Padres' recent roster moves.
- Rockies reliever Manny Corpas had an MRI on his right elbow today according to Patrick Saunders. Both the team and Corpas were surprised since he has pitched effectively of late. Depending on the severity of the injury, this may impact the Rockies' decision to trade closer Huston Street.
- Thomas Boswell at The Washington Post says we "will see little or nothing for a long time" regarding negotiations with first overall pick Stephen Strasburg. Boswell also says the Nats have begun to discuss which free agents they will pursue next offseason, and the general assumption is that they will go after a reliever.
- Alyson Footer tweets that the Astros have signed three draft picks, including third rounder Jonathan Meyer.
- CBSsports.com's Scott Miller spoke to Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik, who indicated that they haven't decided to sell off movable pieces yet.
- Dean Jones Jr. writes that the Orioles signed a pair of undrafted free agents out of Towson: infielder Gary Helmick and catcher Jason Stifler.