Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports says most believe the Nationals will sign Stephen Strasburg to a record deal of about $15-18MM this summer. Here are the details:
- Rosenthal describes doomsday scenarios for the Nationals and Strasburg to show that the two sides need to come to an agreement.
- The Reds can't even consider dealing Bronson Arroyo until Edinson Volquez returns. If Homer Bailey comes up and pitches well, it would be easier for the Reds to part with a starter.
- If Akinori Iwamura can return this year, Ben Zobrist may become a super utilityman again. Rosenthal wonders if the AL OPS leader is more valuable when he plays multiple positions.
- The Brewers, who would like to add pitching, could talk with the Braves, who have had interest in Corey Hart in the past.
- Nobody's interested in Jeff Francoeur, but the Braves have enviable pitching depth that would entice the Brewers.