SI's Jon Heyman, an agent, and a GM predicted contracts of the top 24 free agents.
- The agent's predictions seem to run high, except in the cases of Bobby Abreu and Billy Wagner. I'm guessing the agent isn't Peter Greenberg or Bean Stringfellow.
- On the flip side the GM seems light on several predictions – $80MM over five years for Matt Holliday, and $60MM over four years for John Lackey. He found Rich Harden too unpredictable to even hazard a guess.
- The agent predicted identical seven-year, $147MM contracts for Jason Bay and Holliday. The agent thinks Bay will get $21MM a year, but the GM guesses $15MM.
- I have to disagree with Heyman's three-year, $36MM suggestion for Jarrod Washburn. The other two suggest $18MM over two years for the Scott Boras client.
- All three see Manny Ramirez picking up his $20MM player option.
- The agent and the GM see one-year deals for Erik Bedard, Brett Myers, Adrian Beltre, and Rick Ankiel. Could be some nice value there.