Some more links to check out…
- Cubs manager Lou Piniella told the Chicago Tribune that he expects his team to be speedier next year. The Tribune suggests Chone Figgins could be a fit for the Cubs. With his versatility and speed, Figgins would be a fit on a number of clubs.
- As MLB.com's Rustin Dodd points out, Figgins has also emerged as one of the league's best defenders at the hot corner.
- Scot Gregor of the Daily Herald believes the White Sox would be wise to rest Jake Peavy for the rest of the season if they're not within five games of the division lead by next weekend.
- Whether Peavy returns this year or not, MLB.com's Mike Bauman says the White Sox have a lot to look forward to in coming seasons.
- A "baseball guy" tells Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star that the Royals are bad because even "their good players aren't very good." Zack Greinke and Billy Butler are presumably exceptions.