Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times passes on the latest updates he has heard regarding a potential Milton Bradley trade. His source indicates that neither Texas or Tampa Bay is the destination for Bradley in this rumored scenario, and that the Cubs are "ready to pull the trigger" as soon as the other team is. Here are Wittenmyer's other Cubs rumors:
- A Cubs source denies that the team has any interest in Melky Cabrera.
- Mike Cameron is at or near the top of the club's center field wish list.
- The Cubs are interested in J.J. Putz, and were among the teams that watched the righty throw this winter.
- Though Chicago was disappointed to miss out on Curtis Granderson, a club source insists that the Bradley discussions didn't hinder the Cubs' ability to pursue Granderson.
- There is no truth to any Bradley-Carlos Silva trade rumors, according to a Seattle source.
- If the Cubs can eventually move Bradley, they could be on the market for a mid-level starter.