Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports has a new column up in which he predicts destinations for ten of the top remaining free agents. A few worth noting:
- Rosenthal guesses the Cardinals will sign Matt Holliday for around seven years and $120MM.
- Rosenthal likes the Marlins for Aroldis Chapman.
- He sees the Cubs nabbing Ben Sheets, a possibility I hadn't really considered. It's unclear how much money the Cubs have left and how much Sheets will require.
- Rosenthal expects the Tigers to sign one of the available DH types (Vladimir Guerrero, Jim Thome, Jermaine Dye, and Carlos Delgado are out there).
- Rosenthal's choice for Jose Valverde, the Tigers, makes more sense than my earlier A's prediction. Rosenthal admits that the Tigers surrendering their #19 pick would be "a significant obstacle," but one person I talked to noted that it might not be since the Tigers traditionally go over slot and could therefore get a big talent later in the draft.