- Jim Armstrong of the Denver Post says that Joe Beimel should arrive in the big leagues within a few days, once he's able to pitch in back-to-back games. Beimel signed a minor league deal with Colorado that will pay a base salary of $850K when he makes the roster.
- A's GM Billy Beane is happy to have Jack Cust back in the mix, writes Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle.
- MLB.com's William Ladson (via Twitter) received a text from Elijah Dukes shooting down a rumor that he has signed on with the Tabasco Olmecas of the Mexican League. Dukes was released by the Nationals roughly three weeks ago.
- Sergio Santos is becoming an integral part of the White Sox' bullpen, writes Scott Merkin of MLB.com. The right-hander made the squad just one year after converting over from the infield.
- The Twins' revamped bullpen is off to a good start, writes Bradford Doolittle of MLB.com.