Looking for left-handed relief? Here's a look at the projected trade market.
- Aaron Laffey is doing a nice job against southpaws for the Indians, and he's under team control for the foreseeable future. Rafael Perez should also be available, but he hasn't been effective in a while.
- The Pirates could move Jack Taschner and Javier Lopez. Taschner has strong peripherals against lefties, aside from hits allowed.
- Matt Thornton has been dominant and is capable of closing, but the White Sox might want him around for next year. He has a reasonable $3MM club option.
- The Orioles can offer a pair of veteran southpaws in Will Ohman and Mark Hendrickson. Ohman sports a 0.00 ERA, but he's walked 5.4 per nine.
- The Dodgers' George Sherrill is a non-tender candidate after the season, as he's earning $4.5MM this year. He's had a rough year so far, with 12 walks and 15 hits in 13 innings. The Dodgers have a more appealing lefty in Hong-Chih Kuo, who is superb when healthy.
- Teams would probably line up for the Brewers' Manny Parra, but he's currently in the rotation while Doug Davis is on the DL.