We're one month into the season, and while it's obviously too early to tell which offseason trades will benefit their teams the most, let's take a look at some of the hot starts for players who were traded this offseason:
- Roy Halladay: What more could you expect? Doc's been masterful for the Phils. He's already hurled three complete games and whiffed 39 hitters through 49 innings of 1.47 ERA ball, while walking just four. His 52.2% groundball rate's not too shabby either.
- Austin Jackson: For the time being, A-Jax has Tiger fans saying "Curtis who?" Jackson's 3-for-5 performance today raised his line for the season to .367/.420/.495. He's got 10 extra base hits and has swiped five bags in six tries. His 31.7% K-rate and absurd .514 BABIP entering today's game make him a lock to regress, but he's been everything Detroit has wanted and more so far.
- Kevin Millwood: Acquired by Baltimore for Chris Ray in order to stabilize their rotation, Millwood has been terrific through six starts despite not registering a win. He's fanned 32 batters in 40 innings against just 11 walks, and held batters to a .253 average en route to a tidy 3.15 ERA so far. It's been a tough season for Baltimore, but Millwood's been a bright spot. If he can keep this up, he could reach Type-A status or bring in some prospects at the deadline this summer.
- Carlos Silva: Tough to even fathom mentioning "The Chief" here, but despite a rough start in his last outing, he's gotten the job done. Silva's utilized good control (6 BB through 31 IP) to compile a 2.90 ERA as a key member of the Cubs' rotation thus far. He's even managed a 6.1 K/9, which is significantly higher than his career mark of 3.84.
- Rafael Soriano: After years of questionable ninth-inning solutions, the Rays grabbed a seemingly more solid option when they acquired Soriano. He's registered six saves in six tries this season while posting a 2.45 ERA. Soriano has K'ed nine batters through 11 innings and has helped the Rays to the best record in baseball.
- Adam Rosales: More under-the-radar than the other names on this list, Rosales has hit well in Oakland, posting a line of .323/.375/.462 while appearing at four positions. His versatility and offense have been a welcome addition for A's fans through the season's first month.
Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Diamondbacks To Sign Oliver Perez Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Quick Hits: Astros, Beltran, Orioles Quick Hits: Red Sox, Pirates, A's West Notes: Giants, Rangers, A's East Notes: Red Sox, Mets, Jays Blue Jays, Orioles In Play For Ervin Santana Quick Hits: Castellanos, Davis, Armstrong MLB Unlikely To Change Qualifying Offer Before 2016 Jose Bautista, Ervin Santana Leave Proformance Angels Outright John Hester, Robert Carson Ervin Santana Rumors: Saturday Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Quick Hits: Perez, Pineda, Mariners, Ramirez, A's Minor Moves: Wil Ledezma Diamondbacks To Sign Oliver Perez Ervin Santana Seeks To Sign One-Year Deal Before Opening Day
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors