MLB.com's Joe Frisaro has a trade-filled edition of his Inbox this week, so let's take a look at some of the highlights:
- In spite of a need for bullpen help and the imminent arrival of Mike Stanton, don't expect the Marlins to part ways with Cody Ross.
- Ditto for Dan Uggla and Jorge Cantu, despite their larger salaries. As Frisaro explains, both players' salaries have been budgeted for this season; there's no financial need to move them this year.
- Should the Marlins fall entirely out of contention, however, all three players could be shopped at the deadline.
- The Marlins had interest in Dontrelle Willis, and Frisaro speculates that if he struggles as a starter in Arizona and is designated for assignment, the Fish may take a flier on him as a reliever.
- The Marlins will indeed be on the lookout for relief help, but will be looking to trade prospects as opposed to big leaguers. Frisaro says trade talks for Florida will heat up once Interleague play has concluded.