Links for Wednesday, as the playoffs finally begin…
- Stop by at 2pm CDT for this week's chat.
- Steve Buckley of the Boston Herald says David Ortiz doesn't deserve a new contract, since "aging, one-dimensional players" are risky investments.
- Meanwhile, Red Sox GM Theo Epstein told Scott Lauber of the Herald that he hopes to mix "guys who have great track records" with low-risk investments as he attempts to improve the team's 'pen.
- Brewers GM Doug Melvin says the Brewers are likely to "go outside" the organization as they search for a new manager, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. It doesn't sound like Willie Randolph and Dale Sveum are serious candidates, then.
- It wasn't long ago that some Giants fans were calling for Brian Sabean's dismissal, but as John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle shows, Sabean has built a winner with a number of shrewd moves.
- Colby Rasmus, who reportedly requested a trade this year, told Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that he may have regrets about the season, but he doesn't have hard feelings towards anybody.