Adrian Beltre Rumors: Tuesday

5:36pm: A source insisted to MLB.com's Ken Gurnick that the Angels still want to sign Beltre.

2:35pm: The Angels pulled their offer to Beltre but have not shut any doors on him, reports DiGiovanna.

1:13pm: We learned Friday that the Angels' offer to free agent third baseman Adrian Beltre is believed to be in the five-year, $70MM range, with the player seeking a sixth year.  The Halos' offer is "not likely to be increased," Mike DiGiovanna wrote at the time.  Beltre himself told Scott Lauber earlier this month that the years are the most important factor.

Scott Boras seeks the sixth year, or at least something in the $85-90MM range on a five-year deal according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.  Rosenthal says the Angels "are not angry to the point they were two years ago, when they publicly withdrew from the negotiations for Mark Teixeira."

Rosenthal adds that the Rangers are not active in the bidding, making the Angels' competition unclear.  A month ago Beltre was said to have a dozen suitors, but many teams have filled third base holes since then.  I think Boras could probably find several clubs willing to go to five years and $60MM or so, but there is no evidence the Angels need to increase their offer.



blog comments powered by Disqus