Cliff Lee's agent Darek Braunecker held court today at the Winter Meetings, but didn't say much. The latest on the lefty:
- The Rangers are waiting on Lee before moving on to other top free agent targets, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com, who suggests (on Twitter) that the market for Lee is heating up tonight.
- Seven years is a "dealbreaker" for the Yankees, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, who suggests the team would offer six years (Twitter link). Newsday's Ken Davidoff says the Yankees will likely offer a six-year deal.
- The Yankees don't plan to offer Lee a seven-year deal, according to Rosenthal (on Twitter).
- Lee will receive a seven-year offer, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. At least one club has suggested they’re willing to offer a seven-year deal.
- MLB "bigwigs" tell Newsday's Ken Davidoff that they expect Lee to sign a six-year deal (Twitter link)
- Braunecker met with the Yankees today, but the sides did not discuss money, according to ESPN.com's Buster Olney (on Twitter).
- The Rangers were planning to offer Lee a four-year deal, but may have to change their plans, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com (on Twitter).
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo told Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post that he spoke to agent Darek Braunecker recently (Twitter link).
- The Phillies are considering bringing back Lee, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com (on Twitter).
- Asked about the Red Sox, Braunecker told WEEI's Rob Bradford, "We've talked."
- The Yankees are expected to meet with Braunecker again today, tweets ESPN's Buster Olney.
- Braunecker says they have visited with "significantly more clubs" than just the Yankees and Rangers, tweets MLB.com's Bryan Hoch. Braunecker is in the process of setting up meetings.
Full Story | Comments (0) | Categories: Boston Red Sox | Cliff Lee | New York Yankees | Philadelphia Phillies | Washington Nationals
Derek Lowe Clears Waivers Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Mets Sign David Aardsma Cubs To Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber Angels Claim Chris Nelson Yankees Acquire Reid Brignac Marlins Designate Jon Rauch For Assignment Dodgers To Sign Jonathan Sanchez Phillies Sign Carlos Zambrano Rays Sign Cory Wade Mets To Sign Rick Ankiel
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Antonetti on Bourn, Bauer, Pitching Draft Notes: Astros, Appel, Gray, Cubs, Harvey Minor Moves: Dustin Martin, Josh Horton West Links: Dodgers, Ethier, Norberto, Mariners Derek Lowe Clears Waivers NL Central Links: Garcia, Carpenter, Garza Red Sox, Jacoby Ellsbury Haven't Talked Extension Yankees Notes: Kuroda, Bullpen, Adams Poll: The Next 2012 First-Rounder To Be Called Up Orioles To Promote Kevin Gausman Quick Hits: White Sox, Reds, Red Sox, Phillies NL East Notes: Phillies, Lee, Nationals, Mets Commenting Policy AL East Notes: Yankees, Red Sox, Ellsbury Blue Jays Release Miguel Batista
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors