Cliff Lee's agent Darek Braunecker held court today at the Winter Meetings, but didn't say much. The latest on the lefty:
- The Rangers are waiting on Lee before moving on to other top free agent targets, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com, who suggests (on Twitter) that the market for Lee is heating up tonight.
- Seven years is a "dealbreaker" for the Yankees, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, who suggests the team would offer six years (Twitter link). Newsday's Ken Davidoff says the Yankees will likely offer a six-year deal.
- The Yankees don't plan to offer Lee a seven-year deal, according to Rosenthal (on Twitter).
- Lee will receive a seven-year offer, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. At least one club has suggested they’re willing to offer a seven-year deal.
- MLB "bigwigs" tell Newsday's Ken Davidoff that they expect Lee to sign a six-year deal (Twitter link)
- Braunecker met with the Yankees today, but the sides did not discuss money, according to ESPN.com's Buster Olney (on Twitter).
- The Rangers were planning to offer Lee a four-year deal, but may have to change their plans, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com (on Twitter).
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo told Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post that he spoke to agent Darek Braunecker recently (Twitter link).
- The Phillies are considering bringing back Lee, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com (on Twitter).
- Asked about the Red Sox, Braunecker told WEEI's Rob Bradford, "We've talked."
- The Yankees are expected to meet with Braunecker again today, tweets ESPN's Buster Olney.
- Braunecker says they have visited with "significantly more clubs" than just the Yankees and Rangers, tweets MLB.com's Bryan Hoch. Braunecker is in the process of setting up meetings.
Full Story | Comments (0) | Categories: Boston Red Sox | Cliff Lee | New York Yankees | Philadelphia Phillies | Washington Nationals
Rockies To Sign Boone Logan Tigers To Sign Joba Chamberlain Phillies To Sign Roberto Hernandez Giants To Sign Mike Morse Marlins, Cubs Swap Ruggiano For Bogusevic Mets To Sign Bartolo Colon Mariners Acquire Logan Morrison Mariners To Sign Corey Hart Nationals Acquire Jerry Blevins Pirates Extend Charlie Morton Rockies Acquire Brett Anderson D-Backs Acquire Mark Trumbo In Three-Team Deal With Angels, White Sox White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox Re-Sign Mike Napoli
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Mike Napoli On Re-Signing With Red Sox Mariners Sign Corey Hart Mariners Designate Travis Witherspoon For Assignment Cubs Sign Ryan Roberts Indians Sign Cloyd, Banwart, Carson D-Backs Acquire Todd Glaesmann To Complete Heath Bell Trade Cubs Claim Liam Hendriks Rays Interested In Juan Uribe David Ortiz, Red Sox Talking Extension Tigers Sign Joba Chamberlain Braves To Sign Mat Gamel Indians, David Adams Agree To Major League Deal Mets, Brewers Still Talking Ike Davis Dodgers Acquire Seth Rosin Twins Sign Jason Kubel
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors