A few Mets notes…
- The Mets are one of six to eight teams with some interest in D.J. Carrasco, according to Ed Price of AOL FanHouse (on Twitter).
- The Mets are more serious about Young than Francis, according to Mike Puma of the New York Post (on Twitter).
- The Mets will listen on David Wright, Jose Reyes and Beltran, an official of a rival team tells ESPN.com's Jayson Stark (on Twitter). However, a team official tells Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork that it's highly unlikely that the Mets move one of those three players (Twitter link).
- "There is definitely big interest out there" for Carlos Beltran, tweets Newsday's David Lennon. Lennon feels that a healthy Beltran could fetch a nice haul in July.
- The Mets met with Jeff Francis' agents at Frontline, tweets ESPN's Jerry Crasnick. As you know, the Mets are also looking at Chris Young. But SI's Jon Heyman tweets that they appear to find Brandon Webb too risky.
- Keep Jerry Hairston Jr. in mind as a possibility for the Mets, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.