Happy Holidays to all of our readers! It's been slow the past couple of days, but there was plenty of action earlier in the week, so let's recap:
- The Marlins and Ricky Nolasco won't be parting ways any time soon. Nolasco signed a new three-year deal worth $26.5MM that buys out his last two arbitration years and his first year of free agency. That marks the second offseason in the row Florida has extended one of its young pitchers.
- A pair of NL teams signed second basemen this week: Bill Hall inked a one-year, $3.25MM deal with the Astros to man second base in Houston every day, while Orlando Hudson finally found a multiyear deal, signing with the Padres for two years and $11.5MM. Both have potential to be bargain signings.
- Those weren't the only moves for that pair of teams this week though, as Houston traded former closer Matt Lindstrom to the Rockies in exchange for a pair of minor league arms and signed Gustavo Chacin to a minor league deal, while San Diego acquired Rob Johnson from Seattle to back up Nick Hundley and reached an agreement with Brad Hawpe to play first base.
- The Rangers reached an agreement with Arthur Rhodes for one year with a vesting 2012 option. Rhodes will join Darren Oliver in forming a southpaw tandem that totals over 80 years of age.
- Cleveland signed a couple of low-cost outfielders, as they were reunited with Austin Kearns on a one-year, $1.3MM deal and signed former top prospect Travis Buck to a minor league deal.
- The Brewers made a similar pair of signings, bringing back Craig Counsell for one year and $1.4MM, while signing reliever Sean Green to a non-guaranteed $875K deal.
- The Nationals signed Sean Burnett to a two-year extension that will guarantee the lefty a total of $3.95MM and includes a mutual option for 2013. Additionally, the Nats agreed to sign Rick Ankiel to a one-year contract worth $1.5MM guaranteed and are still in the mix for Carl Pavano.
- It's been a steep decline for Garrett Atkins, who signed a minor league deal with the Pirates this week. Pittsburgh also made a minor league swap with the A's, trading right-hander Ryan Kelly for speedy utilityman Corey Wimberly.
- There were over a dozen more minor transactions that took place this week, so be sure to check out our Transactions section for all of the minor moves that took place this week!
- And now a quick look at what the future might hold: The Yankees are interested in a reunion with Johnny Damon, the Reds are interested in Scott Podsednik, the Orioles renewed contract discussions with Derrek Lee, three teams are interested in Octavio Dotel, and the Mariners want an impact bat in return for closer David Aardsma.
- Last but not least, it's worth noting that Jamie Moyer underwent successful Tommy John surgery this week and is still aiming for a return to the Majors at age 49 when he's healed. It's implausible, but it'd make for a great story. Best of luck to you, Jamie.
Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros Sign Scott Feldman Mets To Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Week In Review: 12/1/13 - 12/7/13 AL East Notes: Price, Orioles, Axford, Hinske Astros Sign Scott Feldman Yankees Open To Trading Ichiro Suzuki Central Notes: Pirates, Royals, White Sox West Notes: Cano, Astros, Padres, Dodgers East Notes: Rays, Phillies, Mets More Than 15 Teams Interested In Andrew Bailey Report Describes Dysfunction In Mariners' Front Office AL East Notes: Rays, Red Sox, Yankees, Orioles Reds Notes: Phillips, Choo, Chapman, Bailey Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Rosenthal's Latest: Choo, Cruz, Price, Kemp, Tanaka Latest On The A's And San Jose Stark Previews Winter Meetings
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors