The first game in Petco Park history was played seven years ago today. Led by head coach Tony Gwynn, the San Diego State Aztecs defeated the University of Hawaii by a score of 4-0. The teams shattered the attendance record for a college baseball game, drawing 40,106 fans. The previous record was just short of 28,000 fans.
I don't think we're going to break any records with these links, but let's give it a shot...
- Through The Fence Baseball interviewed umpire Mike Di Muro.
- Crashburn Alley thinks about a contract extension for Jimmy Rollins.
- The Todd Van Poppel Rookie Card Retirement Plan explains why March 15th is an important date for Conor Jackson.
- Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness wishes former Dodgers assistant GM Kim Ng good luck with her new job.
- The Friarhood thinks that the Padres' desperation could hurt Mat Latos' future.
- DRays Bay lists Andrew Friedman's worst moves.
- We Should Be GMs provides some disheartening facts about the Phillies offense.
- Blue Jays Rant wonders if Jose Bautista could be traded this season.
- Cubs Billy Goat Blog explored the battle for a Cubs rotation spot.
- The Yankee Analysts looked at A.J. Burnett's pitches on a month-by-month basis.
- The Shea Faithful calls Jonathon Niese a breakout candidate.
- D'Backs Central isn't very concerned about Joe Saunders' poor spring.
- The Mennella Line discussed Carlos Beltran's gait.
- Randall on Baseball lists some AL West rookies who could contribute in 2011.
- Fantasy Baseball Recon forecasts the 2011 home run champion.
- Congrats, You Found My Blog! introduces us to Salary+, a way of comparing a player's salary to the league average.
- Beyond The Box Score tallies up the number of Major League deals each writer broke this offseason.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.