Two historic pitching records have been set on his date. Back in 1986, Roger Clemens set the single game strikeout record by whiffing 20 Mariners in a 3-1 win, and four years ago Trevor Hoffman made his 803rd career appearance with the Padres. That's the all-time record for games pitched with one team.
I'm not sure if any of these links will have that kind of historic significance, but that's for you to decide…
- Disciples of Uecker explains why Ryan Braun's contract isn't like Ryan Howard's.
- LifeCard wonders if Dusty Baker is really a sneaky genius.
- Crashburn Alley didn't like Roy Halladay's recent 130-pitch outing.
- Brotherly Glove explains why the Phillies should trade for Hunter Pence.
- Saber By The Bay digs deep into Dave Duncan's magic.
- Amazin' Avenue wonders if Dillon Gee is the next Shaun Marcum.
- Rising Apple says Carlos Beltran has been underrated as a Met.
- Baseball Time In Arlington is skeptical about C.J. Wilson.
- 7th Inning Stretch looks back at the Dan Haren trade.
- Camden Crazies asks if Derrek Lee is the new Garrett Atkins.
- Ivy Report wonders if Jeff Samardzija made the right career choice.
- Replacement Level Baseball scouts the Rockies' broadcasters.
- The Outside Corner explains why Jeff Weaver won't be a Yankee in 2013.
- River Ave. Blues looks at the last player the Yankees have left from the Gary Sheffield trade.
- Penn League Report says you shouldn't expect to see UCLA's Trevor Bauer pitch after the draft this summer.
- Wahoo Blues breaks down which teams are best at spending money.
- COSFBA pits the legend of Sam Fuld against the legend of Jed Lowrie.
- Baseball Nation has some fun with power rankings.
- On the 50th anniversary of his famed 1961 season, M.C. Antil celebrates Roger Maris' rise to immortality.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.