On Thursday I identified a big group of potentially available right-handed relievers. Today let's check out the left-handed group.
- Athletics: Brian Fuentes, Craig Breslow, Jerry Blevins. Blevins, designated for assignment in May, cleared waivers and is enjoying a strong June after a rough start at Triple-A. Fuentes and Breslow are less likely to be dealt, as they might be penciled into future Oakland bullpens.
- Cubs: John Grabow. The real prize is Sean Marshall, though I don't see why the Cubs would move him. Grabow would be a salary dump, as he hasn't done much to earn his $4.8MM.
- Orioles: Mike Gonzalez, Mark Hendrickson. It's been a rough year for Gonzalez, who has allowed 30 hits and seven home runs in 24 innings. However, he remains very tough on lefties. Hendrickson was outrighted to Triple-A in March and has been solid as expected against lefties.
- Marlins: Randy Choate. Choate, who is signed for 2012, has been nasty on lefties but should not face righties.
- Red Sox: Hideki Okajima. Earlier this month he said he's hoping for a trade, but he hasn't drawn much interest to date.
- Dodgers: Hong-Chih Kuo. Just activated from the DL for anxiety disorder, Kuo is nasty when healthy. He's under team control through 2012 and would have a strong market if the Dodgers are willing to move him. But even at seven games out they might just prefer to add stability to their own bullpen.
- J.C. Romero of the Phillies, Dustin Richardson of the Marlins: Both southpaws are currently in DFA limbo, so they won't require much to acquire.
Cardinals Sign Aledmys Diaz Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Diamondbacks Sign Oliver Perez Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Out Of Options Players: NL East MLBTR Live Chat Orioles Notes: Machado, Extensions, Santana, Schoop Kris Medlen Believed To Have Ligament Damage Angels Release Mark Mulder Central Links: Diaz, Scherzer, Capuano, Indians, Coke Minor Moves: Stutes, Hester, Carson, Olmsted Quick Hits: Schierholtz, Diaz, Smoak, McGrady AL East Notes: Sizemore, Machado, Cervelli Braves Could Make Run At Ervin Santana Diamondbacks Outright Santos Rodriguez Offseason In Review: San Francisco Giants Minor Moves: Martinez, Erbe, Liz, Olmsted Offseason In Review: New York Yankees NL East Notes: Beachy, Santana, Braves, Mets
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors