With less than three days until the trade deadline, here are the latest rumors and notes from around MLB…
- Kevin Goldstein of Baseball Prospectus introduced us to some prospects on contenders who should come with a "buyer beware" sign. Jonathan Singleton of the Phillies and Jesus Montero of the Yankees make the list, which is at ESPN.com.
- One team with interest in Doug Fister heard there's "zero" chance the Mariners part with him, according to Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com (on Twitter).
- Andy McCullough of the Star-Ledger hears that the Mets aren't likely to sign first round pick Brandon Nimmo until close to the August 15th deadline for teams to sign their draft picks (Twitter link).
- Jon Heyman of SI.com hears that the Giants still have interest in adding a catcher (Twitter link).
- The Rangers appear to be involved in serious talks with the Padres and A's regarding relievers, according to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News (on Twitter). For the latest on Heath Bell and Mike Adams, click here.