We're three weeks away from the trade deadline, but this week's biggest news may have been the promotion of top prospect Mike Trout. Let's take a look back at the past seven days...
- The Marlins acquired Mike Cameron for a player to be named later or cash considerations after the veteran was designated for assignment by the Red Sox.
- Even though there won't be any extension talks for Jose Reyes in the near future, the Mets are almost certain to hang onto their superstar this July and could make him a big offer in free agency. They will, however, listen to offers for the resurgent Carlos Beltran.
- Raise your hand if you predicted the Pirates would be buyers prior to the season. The third-place Buccos are just a game behind the Cards and Brewers, and will consider making additions this offseason.
- The White Sox signed supplemental rounder Keenyn Walker, their first pick in this year's draft, for $795K.
- Jon Garland's season may be over as a result of the shoulder injury that's kept him on the disabled list for over a month already.
- Fellow Dodgers right-hander Hiroki Kuroda, meanwhile, has drawn interest from the Tigers.
- The Giants will consider rental players this month, and Ramon Hernandez is on their radar.
- The Red Sox are prioritizing position players over pitching, even with John Lackey's tremendous struggles in 2011.
- Bullpen rumors this week included the Yankees showing interest in Sean Burnett, the Brewers looking at the Padres' relievers, and the Diamondbacks looking to add an established reliever.
- The Indians will attempt to add some offense prior to the deadline, with a likely spot being right field to replace the injured Shin-Soo Choo.
- Regardless of their record the Rockies aren't likely to sell at the deadline, though they may still move Aaron Cook and Ian Stewart if their struggles persist.
- The Rangers officially signed Dominican prospects Nomar Mazara and Ronald Guzman this week. Mazara's bonus will break the previous record of $4.25MM, while Guzman will earn $3.45MM.
- The Blue Jays signed Dominican shortstop Dawel Lugo for a bonus of $1.3MM.
- The Indians officially signed Dominican prospect Dorssys Paulino for a bonus of $1.1MM.
- The Red Sox signed several Dominican prospects: right-hander Deoscar Romero received a $600K bonus, which was $300K less than shortstop Raymel Flores' bonus of $900K, while outfielder Manuel Marcos' bonus was $800K.
- The Yankees signed Dominican third baseman Miguel Andujar for a bonus of $700K.
- The Astros signed Dominican shortstop Luis Reynoso for a $700K bonus of his own.
- Meanwhile the Indians, Royals, Cubs, and Blue Jays all inked Venezuelan prospects this week.
- Francisco Rodriguez is now represented by Scott Boras, which will make his offseason negotiations all the more interesting.
- Baseball America released its midseason Top 50 prospects list, headlined by Bryce Harper at #1 and Trout at #2.
- The Blue Jays designated Juan Rivera for assignment this week to recall outfielder Travis Snider. Follow along with all of the week's minor transactions and moves with our Transactions tag, MLBTR's Transaction Tracker, or on Twitter @mlbtrtrans.
Mariners To Designate Robert Andino For Assignment Orioles Designate Alex Burnett For Assignment Indians Designate David Huff For Assignment Marlins Release Jon Rauch Derek Lowe Clears Waivers Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Mets Sign David Aardsma Cubs Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber Angels Claim Chris Nelson
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Nationals Designate Yunesky Maya For Assignment Mariners Designate Robert Andino For Assignment Central Notes: Reds, Cubs, Morneau Minor Moves: Dan Klein, Zach Braddock, Royce Ring Draft Links: Manaea, McGuire, Prep Catchers East Links: Braves, Nolin, Wheeler, Wada Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Walker, Hughes, Vogelsong The Best Spring Training Additions Of 2013 Quick Hits: Beltran, D'Backs, Montero, Draft, Cashner AL Central Links: Indians, Moore, Schneider NL East Notes: Utley, Amaro, Rizzo, Braves Managerial Notes: Mattingly, Nationals, Roenicke Mets Links: Davis, Wheeler, Bargain Signings Dodgers Notes: Ethier, Mattingly, Puig, Pederson Red Sox Sign Rafael Perez
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors