We're three weeks away from the trade deadline, but this week's biggest news may have been the promotion of top prospect Mike Trout. Let's take a look back at the past seven days...
- The Marlins acquired Mike Cameron for a player to be named later or cash considerations after the veteran was designated for assignment by the Red Sox.
- Even though there won't be any extension talks for Jose Reyes in the near future, the Mets are almost certain to hang onto their superstar this July and could make him a big offer in free agency. They will, however, listen to offers for the resurgent Carlos Beltran.
- Raise your hand if you predicted the Pirates would be buyers prior to the season. The third-place Buccos are just a game behind the Cards and Brewers, and will consider making additions this offseason.
- The White Sox signed supplemental rounder Keenyn Walker, their first pick in this year's draft, for $795K.
- Jon Garland's season may be over as a result of the shoulder injury that's kept him on the disabled list for over a month already.
- Fellow Dodgers right-hander Hiroki Kuroda, meanwhile, has drawn interest from the Tigers.
- The Giants will consider rental players this month, and Ramon Hernandez is on their radar.
- The Red Sox are prioritizing position players over pitching, even with John Lackey's tremendous struggles in 2011.
- Bullpen rumors this week included the Yankees showing interest in Sean Burnett, the Brewers looking at the Padres' relievers, and the Diamondbacks looking to add an established reliever.
- The Indians will attempt to add some offense prior to the deadline, with a likely spot being right field to replace the injured Shin-Soo Choo.
- Regardless of their record the Rockies aren't likely to sell at the deadline, though they may still move Aaron Cook and Ian Stewart if their struggles persist.
- The Rangers officially signed Dominican prospects Nomar Mazara and Ronald Guzman this week. Mazara's bonus will break the previous record of $4.25MM, while Guzman will earn $3.45MM.
- The Blue Jays signed Dominican shortstop Dawel Lugo for a bonus of $1.3MM.
- The Indians officially signed Dominican prospect Dorssys Paulino for a bonus of $1.1MM.
- The Red Sox signed several Dominican prospects: right-hander Deoscar Romero received a $600K bonus, which was $300K less than shortstop Raymel Flores' bonus of $900K, while outfielder Manuel Marcos' bonus was $800K.
- The Yankees signed Dominican third baseman Miguel Andujar for a bonus of $700K.
- The Astros signed Dominican shortstop Luis Reynoso for a $700K bonus of his own.
- Meanwhile the Indians, Royals, Cubs, and Blue Jays all inked Venezuelan prospects this week.
- Francisco Rodriguez is now represented by Scott Boras, which will make his offseason negotiations all the more interesting.
- Baseball America released its midseason Top 50 prospects list, headlined by Bryce Harper at #1 and Trout at #2.
- The Blue Jays designated Juan Rivera for assignment this week to recall outfielder Travis Snider. Follow along with all of the week's minor transactions and moves with our Transactions tag, MLBTR's Transaction Tracker, or on Twitter @mlbtrtrans.
Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros To Sign Scott Feldman Mets To Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski Athletics Acquire Jim Johnson For Jemile Weeks
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Quick Hits: Astros, Papelbon, Happ, Betancourt Central Notes: Phillips, Axford, Joba, Buck Yankees Notes: Infante, Price, Drew, Choo NL West Notes: Kemp, Veras, Crain, Padres Reaction & Analysis To Robinson Cano's Signing Red Sox Links: Mujica, Payroll, Drew Notes On Granderson, Beltran, Napoli Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Minor Moves: Thames, Tekotte, McDade Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Indians Notes: Albers, Carson, Antonetti Market Reset: 2013-14 Free Agent Spending To Date Orioles Notes: Free Agents, Johnson, Wolf, Feldman Phillies Shopping Jonathan Papelbon
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors