Here's a look at some items out of the AL and NL East..
- The Cubs aren't going to stop their rebuilding process with their trade of Sean Marshall to the Reds, writes Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune. The next move for Theo Epstein & Co. might be to flip Matt Garza if he doesn't sign a contract before free agency but yesterday the Cubs GM said that he's exactly the type of pitcher he wants to build around.
- The Mets worry MLB enough to be seen as a troubled franchise on a short tether, writes Richard Sandomir of the New York Times. Mets officials declined to speak about the team's debt but Sandomir talks with to a number of people familiar with the Mets' financial situation including Howard Megdal.
- A reader asked Keith Law of ESPN.com (via Twitter) if the recently DFA'd Jai Miller would be a good fit for the Pirates. The Athletics designated the 27-year-old for assignment last night to bring their 40-man roster back to the limit.
- New Red Sox pitching coach Bob McClure has a special familiarity with his toughest task this year, writes Brian MacPherson of The Providence Journal. Like Alfredo Aceves and Daniel Bard, McClure also made the jump from reliever to starter during his playing days with the Brewers.
- Baseball was lucky to have former Astros owner Drayton McLane involved in the sport for as long as they did, writes MLB.com's Richard Justice.
Full Story | Comments (0) | Categories: Boston Red Sox | Chicago Cubs | Houston Astros | New York Mets | Pittsburgh Pirates
Cardinals Sign Aledmys Diaz Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Diamondbacks Sign Oliver Perez Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
AL Notes: Kipnis, Sizemore, Mulder Ervin Santana Rumors: Tuesday NL Notes: Taveras, Stutes, Flores, Cervelli Minor Moves: Rodriguez, Stutes, Hester, Carson, Olmsted Offseason In Review: Chicago White Sox Out Of Options Players: NL East MLBTR Chat Transcript Orioles Notes: Machado, Extensions, Santana, Schoop Kris Medlen Believed To Have Ligament Damage Angels Release Mark Mulder Central Links: Diaz, Scherzer, Capuano, Indians, Coke Quick Hits: Schierholtz, Diaz, Smoak, McGrady AL East Notes: Sizemore, Machado, Cervelli Braves Could Make Run At Ervin Santana Diamondbacks Outright Santos Rodriguez
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors