A look back at the original analysis churned out by the MLBTR team over the past week ...
- Ben Nicholson-Smith offers insight into the timeline for calling up prospects, and how it affects their arbitration and free-agent clocks.
- A handful of veterans who signed minor league deals are in line for $100K bonuses, explains Mark Polishuk.
- Dan Duquette spent his first offseason as O's GM focused on building rotation depth, writes Ben.
- Which players will be arbitration-eligible for the first time after the 2012 season? Ben compiles a comprehensive list.
- For a transcript of the weekly MLBTR Chat, with Ben, click here.
- Ben looks at the Phillies' offseason, which netted them another high-priced, high-end talent.
- A relatively quiet offseason for the Giants was not without its interesting subtleties, writes Tim Dierkes.
- A busy offseason for the Reds that included the acquisition of front-line starter in Mat Latos gets the review treatment by Ben.
- The Athletics' offseason, perhaps highlighted by the signing of Yoenis Cespedes, is reviewed by Ben.
- Tim looks back at the Rays' offseason, one in which Tampa interestingly enhanced its lineup through free agency.
- The popular Baseball Blogs Weigh In makes its weekly appearance, courtesy of Mike Axisa. Topics in the linked pieces include the Royals' recent trend of signing young players to multiyear extensions, and a possible extension for Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips, among many others.
- Mike examines the respective trade candidacies of Padres right-handers Tim Stauffer and Dustin Moseley.
- After an offseason in which several good young pitchers were traded, Mike asks readers which one yielded the best return.
Tigers To Sign Joba Chamberlain Phillies To Sign Roberto Hernandez Giants To Sign Mike Morse Marlins, Cubs Swap Ruggiano For Bogusevic Mets To Sign Bartolo Colon Mariners Acquire Logan Morrison Mariners To Sign Corey Hart Nationals Acquire Jerry Blevins Pirates Extend Charlie Morton Rockies Acquire Brett Anderson D-Backs Acquire Mark Trumbo In Three-Team Deal With Angels, White Sox White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Diamondbacks Close To Signing Hudson, Blanco Quick Hits: Rays, Kimbrel, Weeks, Kalish, Madson AL West Notes: Wilson, Young, Angels, Morrison AL Central Notes: Jackson, Pelfrey, Garza, Butler Rockies Close To Signing Boone Logan Dodgers Notes: Kemp, Phillips, Gordon, Kasten Rosenthal On Gardner, Kemp, Drew, Mariners Blue Jays Notes: Rasmus, Samardzija, Anthopoulos Yankees Offered Infante Three Years, $24MM Royals, Blue Jays Discussed Billy Butler Trade Rockies Close To Deal With Logan, Talking To Howell Mets Notes: Axford, Gregg, Drew, Payroll Red Sox Designate Alex Castellanos Padres, Indians Competing For Joaquin Benoit Three Teams Have Two-Year Offers To Balfour
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors