Eight years ago today, Barry Bonds passed Willie Mays on the all-time home run list by taking Ben Ford of the Brewers deep. His 661st career blast put him in third place all-time. The ball was caught by the same fan in McCovey Cove who caught Bonds' 660th career homer the night before. Here's the latest from around the baseball corner of the web…
- Big Train Insider interviewed former big league closer Chad Cordero.
- MLB Reports interviewed Gregg Olsen, another ex-closer.
- The True Fan's Sports Blog wrote about Ian Kinsler's extension and Danny Espinosa.
- The Rays Way wonders if the Rays have been too hesitant to trade their pitchers.
- Twins Baseball Clubhouse wrote about the Scott Baker dilemma.
- Rising Apple says it's time for the Mets to platoon Jason Bay.
- The Shea Faithful believes manager Terry Collins is the right man for the Mets.
- Through The Fence Baseball wonders when the Angels will make room for Mike Trout.
- Call to the Pen chimed in on the Red Sox's closer conundrum.
- BoSox Injection thinks the feud with Terry Francona might be good for the Sox.
- Yankees Fans Unite says Derek Jeter still sets the tone for the Yankees.
- Puckett's Pond thinks Trevor Plouffe might be the next Ben Zobrist.
- Lasorda's Lair is worried about James Loney.
- The Futurists wrote about Mark Prior, Joe Mauer, and the 2001 draft.
- Know Hitter breaks down the Indians chances.
- The Beanball analyzed million dollar arms with ten cent heads.
- Shutdown Inning broke down the sacrifice bunt.
- MLB Draft Insider published their latest mock draft.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.