We'll keep track of tonight's notable draft bonuses from the second round and later right here…
- Jim Callis of Baseball America tweets that the Reds have signed third round pick Dan Langfield for the recommended slot value of $436,800. Callis writes that Langfield can get his fastball up to 97mph, but his slider may be an even better pitch.
- The Reds have also signed second round pick Tanner Rahier for the No. 78 overall pick's full slot bonus of $649,700, according to Callis (Twitter link). Callis notes that the high school shortstop out of California has a "promising bat," and praises his instincts and energy.
- R.J. Alvarez, the Angels third round selection who signed earlier today, received a bonus of $416,300, which was the recommendation for his slot, according to this tweet from Callis.
- The Twins have signed third round pick Adam Brett Walker, tweets Callis. Walker, the 97th overall pick in the draft, was reported to be one of the most powerful college bats in the draft. The Jacksonville first baseman signed for full slot value — a total of $490,400.
- Steve Melewski of MASNsports writes that the Orioles signed non-drafted University of Maryland right-hander Sander Beck. The O's drafted the local product in the 33rd round of the 2011 draft, but he returned to Maryland for his senior season. Melewski adds that Baltimore also signed 19th-rounder Josh Hader, a high school lefty and another product of Maryland.