Here's a look at the today's Daily Rumble from ESPN.com's Jayson Stark..
- According to clubs that have talked to the Rangers, the club is balking at including shortstop Jurickson Profar and third baseman Mike Olt in any deal. That stance meant losing out on Zack Greinke and could take them out of the mix for Josh Johnson or James Shields.
- Clubs identify the Dodgers, Orioles and Blue Jays as other aggressive suitors for Johnson while the White Sox, Red Sox, Braves, and Royals have checked in.
- Teams that have spoken with the Pirates say they seem to be losing their enthusiasm for Chase Headley. If they dealt for Headley, they would have to move either him or Pedro Alvarez to first base, and neither player has started a professional game there.
- One source told Stark that while the Braves and Ryan Dempster could potentially reverse course and get a deal done that would send the hurler to Atlanta, he "seriously" doubts it will happen.
- While the Rays seem to be listening on offers for several quality players, other teams remain skeptical of how willing they are to move anyone right now. One exec believes that they are simply listening on players in order to gather information for possible deals during the offseason.